- About Us
1.3 Our legal status under UK data protection law is that of a data controller and in this capacity we will securely store and process your personal data which you have provided to us.
- Collection of data
3.1 We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way, as part of this we may collect some or all of the following personal data:
- your name,
- company name;
- email address;
- phone number;
- your preferences in relation to the site and our services/products;
- any communication you have with us; and
- any other data that you may submit to us via the site from time-to-time.
3.2 You are not required to provide any of this information, but if you do not, we may not be able to provide you the requested services/products.
- How is your personal data used?
4.1 All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
4.2 Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (eg by subscribing to marketing emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- to provide you with personalised visits to our site;
- to analyse your use of our site and gather feedback to enable us to continually improve our site and your user experience;
- to provide you with access to our corporate literature and information about our services;
- to recommend goods, services or promotions which may be of interest to you (but only where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes);
- to develop our offers and the layout of our site to ensure that our services are as useful and enjoyable as possible;
- to contact you; and
- to send out news updates or emails which you have signed up for.
- With whom is your personal data shared?
5.1 We may disclose depersonalised data (such as aggregated statistics) about the users of our site in order to describe our web users, traffic patterns and other site information to prospective partners, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
5.2 We may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal data. Examples of the type of situation where this would occur would be:
- in the administration of justice; or
- where we have to defend ourselves legally.
- The requirements of Data Protection Laws
- we will only collect sufficient personal data for the uses set out above;
- we will endeavour to keep your personal data up-to-date;
- we will not retain your personal data longer than necessary unless required to do so by law;
- we will not transfer your personal data to a country outside the European Economic Area unless safeguards are in place to protect your personal data to the standards that apply within the EEA.
7.1 Cookies are small files that websites save to your hard disk or to your browser’s memory. The cookies used on our site are listed below. Please note you have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your computer. If you do choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the features of our site or other websites that you visit. To learn more about cookies and how to disable them we recommend you visit the Information Commissioner’s website here.
7.2 Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop up box requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however, certain features of our site may not function fully or as intended.
7.3 Our site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling us to better understand how our site is used. This, in turn, enables us to improve our site and the services offered through it.
|Cookie Type||Cookie Name|
|_ga||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gat||Used to throttle request rate.|
|_utma||Determines the number of unique visitors to the site|
|_utmb||This works with _utmc to calculate the average length of time you spend on our site.|
|_utmc||This works with _utmb to calculate when you close your browser.|
|_utmvz||This provides information about how you reached our site.|
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure.
We will hold your personal data for so long as we are providing services to you and for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will endeavor to delete any personal data sooner where it is not necessary for us to hold this, but please be aware that we may hold personal data for longer if we are under a legal obligation to do so or where we have a reasonable belief that it is necessary to do so for business or legal reasons.
10.1 You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- a right of access to a copy of the information comprised in your personal data;
- a right to object to processing that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
- a right to object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- a right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation)
- a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- a right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of data protection legislation.
10.2 If you are unsure about your rights or are concerned about how your personal data may be processed you should contact the Information Commission’s Office.
10.3 If you contact us in relation to your rights we will do our best to accommodate your request or objection.
10.4 You can help us to maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any change.
10.5 Please email us if you would have any queries about, or would like to enforce, your rights set out above.
- Links to other websites
Our site may contain links to other websites. While we try to link only to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other websites.
- How to contact us
If you have questions regarding this policy or our handling of your personal data, please contact us using the details listed below. We will promptly address your concern and strive to reach a satisfactory resolution.
The Living Room 2020 Limited
White Hoe Industrial Estate
Isle of Man